Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area Micro-Electronics Industrial Park (TEDA-MIP), located in Dasi Town Xiqing District, approved by the People’s Government of Tianjin Municipality, was established on May 24, 1996. Teda-Mip belong to the national-level development area – Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area and is under unified management of TEDA management Committee. The park covers an area of 2.32 square kilometers, in which businesses enjoy preferential tax and industrial policies of TEDA.
With excellent geographical location, full range of infrastructure and supporting facilities and perfect services, TEDA-MIP have attracted many successful enterprises of the integrated circuit, computer peripherals, communications equipment, instrumentation, bio-engineering and other related industries. Now TEDA-MIP is dedicated to the further introduction of high-tech enterprises, as well as continuous efforts for the planning and construction of world-class industrial Park with elegant environment and excellent facilities.
TEDA-MIP is located on the inlet of the southwest monsoon in Tianjin. The air quality is very good, while content of pollution factors such as SO2, TSP, CO, NO2 etc. are accord with or better than national standard. The geography position of park is superiority, north neighboring the central city, 16 kilometers to Tianjin Binhai International Airport, 56 kilometers to Tianjin Port, 5 kilometers to the high-speed railway station and 15 kilometers to the city center. High-speed road Rong Wu, Jin Jin and Tangjin run across here as a convenient traffic network. Over 40 million square meters green area form a green industrial park with beautiful, clean and ecological balance environment.
- Roads: Park road network is designed in a simple square grid. To meet the requirements of the microelectronics industry, the main road red line width all exceed 20 meters; the center of the main road in the park – the Edison Road red line width is up to 60 meters. All roads can guarantee a 40-foot container vehicles freely pass.
- Water: The water of park is introduced from Tianjin city water distribution networks through DN800mm pipeline. The booster pump stations guarantee enterprises water supply even in the water peak period. The park water supply is up to 25,000 tons / day.
- Drainage: Park have built a scientific rain and sewage diversion system with a storm sewage pumping station, having 6 cubic meters / s drainage capacity and 0.6 cubic meters / s sewage disposal capacity. Along the planning road of park, in the partition drainage way, rain and sewage drainage system ensures smooth drainage everywhere in the park.
- Power: Park establishes an 110KV substation with 150,000 KVA’s capacity. Reliable power supply provides effective protection for equipment running. 10KV and 35KV voltage power are provided in single or dual power supply according to user needs.
- Heating: The central heating system maintains the good atmosphere and the surrounding environment of the park. Two heating centers own a total of 12 boilers that are all made by Clayton, USA and using fuel oil or natural gas and other environmental coal. The maximum amount of steam is up to 100 tons / hour.
- Natural Gas: With pipeline supply, the capacity of natural gas reaches 200,000 cubic meters / day. In addition, through industrial gas pipeline built by Air Products, USA, the park transports high-purity specialty gases to users.
- Apartment: Apartments’ construction area is up to 148,000 square meters, which provides quality accommodation for all employees of the enterprises. A full range of integrated services and supporting facilities, such as shops, restaurants, library, computer training and entertainment have been provided in the apartment.
- Logistics: Some professional logistics companies, such as DaTian Logistics, located in the park. With standard operating procedures and advanced technology, they provide customers with professional logistics services.
- Posts and Telecommunications: Up to 10,000 IDD telephone lines are offered. Common mail, express mail, package and related business can be handled by the post office in the park.
- Broadband network: Park plan building the most advanced and quickest information infrastructure to provide good support for enterprises’ information management system.
With a great location, perfect district support facilities and excellent services, since the built-up, the park achieves the tremendous growth. Currently, in 2.32 square kilometers of the park land, there are almost full of with IT investment projects and 115 registered enterprises. The park has attracted a total investment of approximately $2.193 billion. About 40,000 people is working in the park. The park leads the country’s industrial park in the development of “super-intensive”, forms a IT industrial production base with world famous multinational corporations such as Samsung, Roma, Alps, Danaher, Essex and ISA and their supporting enterprises, establishes mobile communications, electronic image and LED new light source industrial chain, successfully create a “low-input, high-output and high-yield” development path.
In 2012, the park’s gross industrial output value reaches 122.33 billion yuan (RMB), a year-on-year growth of 33.47%, accounting for 17.22% of the TEDA; exports value reaches $9.332 billion, an increase of 21.28%, accounting for 41.94% of the TEDA, which is the best level in history.
At present, the park economy continued to show good momentum of development, on the high basis of 2012, in 2013, the park realized gross industrial output value of 147.032 billion yuan (RMB), a year-on-year growth of 33.7%, accounting for 18.19% of the TEDA; exports value of $9.735 billion, an increase of 6.65%, accounting for 44.43% of the TEDA; with employees 50,000 people, completed and exceeded the assessment objectives of 135 billion yuan (RMB) issued by CMC. In 2013 also created the new historical record of gross industrial output value since the construction area of the park.